Developed by AdvEnSoft, in conjunction with Rotating Machinery Analysis Inc., CADRotor permits rapid, error free capture of solid model geometry for subsequent analysis in XLRotor. CADRotor is a convenient add-on that interfaces with popular 3D CAD packages such as SOLIDWORKS and Inventor. With minimal operator input, the rotating assembly is identified, defined and processed. The rotor is automatically meshed to establish the node point locations and the geometric properties of the beam elements which connect these node points. CADRotor creates an output table that directly populates the Shaft Input worksheet in XLRotor.
• Saves hours, even days, per model, eliminating tedious work and enhancing accuracy
• Captures dimensions / geometry, mass properties (moments of inertia, CG), material properties (densities and moduli), for complex, multi-component rotating assemblies
• Includes turbine, fan and impellor ‘Wizard’
• Generates segment properties for complex, non-axisymmetric components (square shaft etc.)
• Detects circular patterns (bolt circles etc.)
• Includes automatic de-featuring of threads, chamfers, fillets, gears, etc.
• Accepts parts drawn unconventionally, aligned on Y axis
• Compares geometry for visual error-proofing, by a graphical overlay of CADRotor interpreted geometry and source CAD model geometry
• Offers easy saving and editing for rapid design iterations